Monday, March 31, 2008

How we change with time.. . P and I were out last evening and bumped into a cousin of mine and her husband. She is a first cousin so quite close by relation but thats where it ends. So we met, exchanged greetings, general 'what are you doing heres', etc... But that was it, we didn't have much to say to each other. What really hit me while talking to them was, how cold I was? I was polite but there was no warmth. It was completely superficial. And I was thinking all this while talking to them and I was pretty sure that I'm transparent enough for them to see exactly how I feel about them. I don't like them for various reasons and I was not happy to see them.
It was a strange sensation for me. To feel nothing for someone like that. And for it to be so obvious. The strange thing is that, I haven't liked her all my life but I never felt like this before. When I greet someone with a smile that smile is true. Even if that's the only true thing in the whole conversation. The weird part was that the smile was so cold. Somethings changed in me and I don't like that. I probably need to grow up and hone my social skills. Lack of diplomacy is a bad thing, its an ass lickers world out there.

2 comments:

Nat said...

you probably were not in a sociable mood to begin with. hota hai. i wouldnt make too much of it. we're humans we take one step forward two steps back sometimes. so kick it out of your mind and think of it as a lesson...'i will keep my interactions pleasant enough to feel good about myself later'? happens to me too.

RaisingT said...

you are bang on there.. wasn't having a good day anyway..