Sunday, February 24, 2008

Random thoughts..

Wanted to really utilize the weekend doing important things like cleaning & organising the house, sorting woolens, etc since P was away.. Did exactly what I hate him doing on a holiday.. sleep, read news papers & watch TV..

Spent an exorbitant amount of money on brocade blouses for sarees.. could have bought a new saree for that amount.. feeling stupid & guilty..

Met an old ex-best friend after ages.. realized how much I missed the comfort of being with an old friend.. but somehow fear slipping into old unhealthy patterns if I stay around her too much.. basically I was always envious of her extrovert, exuberant personality.. and this fuelled my general negativity. Somehow I fear she will over shadow me again if we got back in touch.. But this is a real test for the new me.. Actually I can't believe I still feel this way after all these years.. I'm a different person.. there's no need for comparison.. I have a great life with a few blotches here and there .. and I'm sure the same goes for her.. I should not worry too much about it and maybe try to start afresh ..

Realized T is a total show baby.. he fought off sleep for three hours to play with new people he met and put on all sorts of acts to keep them entertained..

Spending a day at mum's place as she isn't well and dad's out of town.. Spent some time watching TV and lazing around in my old room. Almost went back in time.. seemed like my sis would just walk into the room any minute and we'll watch friends and eat maggi.. Then T woke up :)

3 comments:

the mad momma said...

go on. meet up with her. its up to you to stay on top. i know you will.

Nat said...

dont feel bad about the blouses...keep one aside for ur sis and enjoy the others at future parties!

RaisingT said...

MM: I think I will do that :)


nat: good idea.. atleast I can assume one is for her and feel better...

J: My weekends are hectic too.. just got a little break this time as P was away ..