Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I worshipped my father till I grew up and started seeing him as a mortal. Now I work with him and I see his mistakes day in and day out. I see his over confidence now, that in my younger days had impressed me so much that I thought he knew everything about everything. Another thing that I have come to know about him lately is that he, although it may not seem like, is very emotional and impulsive.

What really bothers me at work today is this relative of ours who he employed 4 years ago in order to help him. He is older than my father but has never really done a days worth of work in his life. I always thought that people are rich or poor partly because of their efforts and partly luck. Till I saw this man up close, I used to think that he had been unlucky in terms of career and money but now I know he never tried and he never will.

It makes me mad to know that he's not just drawing a sizable salary from us for almost no work in return, he is also stealing. How can anyone be so ungrateful? But there he is talking rubbish, pretending that he really cares for us and our business and going about stealing when our backs are turned. Now the relationship with him is really sensitive. Throwing him out means jeopardising other lives that my father cares about. So we are paying the cost of being emotional and impulsive.

No comments: