Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Me on TV

Okay so this was another first for me... I actually participated on a TV show. After getting numerous calls from this TV channel for various mommy talk shows, I went for this one on 'post-natal exercise for mommies'. Basically I have been dying to get back in shape but I haven't been doing much about it so I thought I might learn some great secrets and fit into my old clothes soon. And honestly another attraction was the place they were shooting at, this fancy spa and gym in town which I really wanted to see. So despite being slightly unwell, I popped an aspirin and went along.
As soon as I entered the place, I was directed to this other lady who was waiting for the same shoot. Well when I saw her I was pretty sure I would either be sent back with an apology or used like some sorry extras exercising in the background. Anyway I sat and I waited with her and got to know that though she was skinny as a stick and prettily made up as a model, she had two kids, 20 something months and 4 months... 4 months .. can you believe that and I still look like I do even after 9 months now... So i was pretty sure she would be the star mommy of the show. Then finally it turned out that she was to host the show and I was the only exercising mommy they had.
So the crew arrived, we started shooting.. me in no makeup, even forgot to put my kohl in the hurry.. and sticky tied up hair :(.. But i had decided to make the most of the time and I had fun as soon as I stopped thinking about how I looked. The other woman on the show was a trainer who was in fantastic shape. I had a good time chatting with the two smart women and the shooting. Nobody really told me what to do so I had to just talk extempore and it was quite informal. The place is awesome, beautifully done up with water and greens. I hadn't seen such a luxurious spa and gym ever before, just being their was quite relaxing.

So this morning the show was aired. Its a new channel and not very popular so most likely very few people caught it. It was a strange thing to see myself on TV. Though I looked like shit and a buffalo compared to the two women, I was still glad I did it. (They say the camera adds ten kilos right?)

2 comments:

Nat said...

Soon you'll be the lady with the highlighted, straight hair and gorgeous figure, glass of champagne in hand at all her hubands events...:)

RaisingT said...

Thanks.. that gives me hope :)