Monday, April 28, 2008

Ok.. so I have been away a lot and this might go on for a while.. T turns 1 on Friday, the 2nd of May and we have a party planned out. Though not sure how it would turn out now that T has a fracture in his collar bone. Yes he does.. the X Ray shows it. He might have to wear a sling. I don't know how I can force a sling on baby.
It all happened when P went away for work over the weekend and I stayed at mum's. Since there's no crib there, T slept with me on my bed and rolled over in the middle of the night.
I never think anything can really seriously go wrong so didn't take enough precautions to safe guard the bed side and he fell flat on a bare marble floor.
I feel so guilty I could die. I keep thinking of the time when I woke up with his shrill screaming and the terrible thump I heard just before. I remember screaming out of fear and shock when I saw him lying on the floor.
I just want him to get better. It kills me to see him crawl in the way he does now, almost on 3 limbs, leaving the weight off his injured shoulder.

8 comments:

surbhi said...

I'm sorry it happened. Don't worry. He'll be fine.
T seems to be a super energetic baby - and you'll have to become stronger to endure his future adventures.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to dearest baby T!!!

Apple Bee said...

Oh no! NC told me about T falling, but I thought he was doing fine. Had no idea he might have to wear a sling :-(

As NC said, no matter how careful you are, things happen...don't stress yourself!

RaisingT said...

NC: I know that is what I fear the most.. that this is just the first adventure..

AB: Yeah we thought it was all well till we went for the xray.. ur right but mother's guilt is a horrible thing.. :(

~nm said...

O-oh! Like you I wouldn't have thought too much about my son falling. He has had so many falls that I will not even write it here lest anyone starts bashing me up for that :P

Hope he gets well real soon!

RaisingT said...

thanks ~nm..

Mystic Margarita said...

I know it's tough to get the fall out of your mind. But look at it this way, while a fractured collar bone is bad, it will heal - kids are very resilient - the good thing is he didn't hurt his head - that would have been a much bigger cause for concern. And Happy Birthday to T in advance. Hugs ...

RaisingT said...

Thanks Mystic.. I keep consoling myself :)

Nat said...

I hope and pray he gets better very very soon. Dont kill urself over it. Things happen. Next time ur going to be more careful thats all.