Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year update...

Okay so I started blogging last year with a list of new year resolutions for 2008 and lets see how I've fared before moving to the next set...

I will blog - I started and gave up too many times for various reasons but now i have been convinced by my sister that this is the ultimate means for nirvana and I believe her.. so here I go.

Okay.. Well I did keep this up, definitely not as much as I would have liked to but I'm happy that I haven't completely given it up and this space comes to my rescue at times when I have no one else. That's what this was meant to be. I would have liked it to be a record of T's life like most mommy blogs are but it never turned into that. It has been kind of a journal for me to vent out and I'm glad its there.

I will be me - I haven't been myself in a long time or maybe ever.. I've always been sort of this other person, bending backwards for people I don't even like. This needs to change. In fact that gets me to the next point ...I need to shed the unnecessary baggage of people I don't like or get along with and instead spend my time & energy on people who would really mean something to me and I to them.

This has also been taken forward to quite some extent. I have left behind some "extra baggage" .. some cut off completely.. some emotionally.. and I feel lighter. I have to keep working on this though, such habits are hard to break. I still am a little dysfunctional in relationships because of the past and have to really force myself to be what I really am and not just try to fit in.

Now coming to more personal things.. I really want to work on my relationship with P. His work and the baby have been hard on our relationship. Things are better now but I want to give him more.. time.. respect.. happiness..

Okay with P, it's much better than it was this time last year but still a work in progress. That's how a marriage has to be right...

I wont say I want to be a better mom, that is the one thing I am committed to 100% and don't know how to do it any better.

Well.. here I want to change somethings now. I want to make more time for T.

Another very important thing that makes me very guilty is my inability to give more time and commitment to work. This is something I can change by better time management and I will.

This has changed a lot since last year. I work many more hours than what I did earlier and have much more responsibility now. So this seems to have been covered successfully.

Of course, the usual the suspect of loose more weight is also up in the list..

Does losing inches count?? I have lost quite a few inches and can wear most of my old clothes and I 'm not too unhappy with the way I look now. But enough weight hasn't been knocked off yet.. so we carry this forward to next year...

And that is that again.. Will continue with the new list for 2009 soon..

For now we're off to the sunny beaches of Phuket.. for a honey moon repeat :)

1 comment:

Piper .. said...

lucky girl, honeymoon and all eh? :)
Give updates on the trip.
I love the resolution abt blogging some more :) I love to read your blog.