Monday, September 1, 2008

rock on Rock On...

A rocking weekend after ages. P being on a major making up spree surprised me with tickets for Rock On at PVR Gold class. The movie is better than most I've seen. Urban and real. The actors have done a fabulous job. Finally real actors, not afraid to experiment be it hairstyles or characters. The music sticks on. I have been humming it for two days now. The lyrics are amusing and the music really catchy. I am no critic but seriously couldn't find a flaw in the entire length of the film. P has been singing since then in an attempt to convince me that he too is a rock star in the making like the movie folks.
The Gold Class experience is also highly recommended especially if the frequency of watching films at the theatre is as low as ours. Only thing they lack is blankets. It gets cold and you really need a blanket to snuggle in the lazy boy.
In the evening we decided to party and go someplace real nice. So we landed at the Ashoka in the midst of an unexpected downpour. The valets refused to park any cars since they had run out of parking, I gave up and wanted to go back home. P was more motivated and drove to the other side of the hotel, dropped me at the porch, got drenched and then dragged me all around the hotel to finally reach the F Bar and Lounge. The place was already swinging at 11PM. The music was not really my kind though P enjoys it. I was craving for some Rock On. The drinks we were sure were watered down. I get buzzing in one beer and I had 3 drinks. That normally leaves me pretty high. Not here though, I could tell P which woman was wearing the wrong dress right till the end.
That brings me to the point of dressing. All the people there I'm sure were completely loaded but as far as taste goes, much is left desired . Especially when it comes to differentiating between clothes for a luncheon and clothes for a night club. And thats just common sense. The lady in a white off shoulder top and white linen pants with a white flower in her hair would look gorgeous at a lunch party or maybe even dining out AL fresco but in a night club with UV lights.. hello.. Similarly, another one in a pistachio green floral dress with strings of pearls. And whats with the off shoulders, every other person was in one and I caught so many of them constantly pulling the dress up. It does really ruin the purpose of a sexy dress, doesn't it? Anyway.. it was a day well spent.. And you all have to have to watch Rock On.. really.. (no they aren't paying me for promotion)

5 comments:

Piper .. said...

:-)) Great to see you having such a blast!

Perakath said...

I love the Gold Class... and off-shoulders don't displease me either :)

the mad momma said...

we'll prolly go today!

RaisingT said...

Thanks Piper..it was good to finally go out..

you know Perakath.. pulling the dress up constantly does ruin the sex appeal :)

Have fun MM..

Anonymous said...

I So agree! loved the movie and don't mind watchin again!!!

good to hear someone's painting the town red :D

Would love to try the gold class but 700 bucks a ticket?? u've got to be kidding me!!!