Monday, May 12, 2008

T's Birthday Party..

I've had a crazy two weeks and completely forgot to post about the birthday party. P did a fabulous job of organising it. Lovely blue balloons covered the terrace. In fact it looked much fancier than I'd thought or wanted but it was lovely. I put T in a blue lakhnawi kurta and he looked adorable.
After much deliberation I wore my fancy saree instead of the cotton one that I had initially wanted to. I changed my mind after I saw what my MIL was wearing .. a black chiffon saree with silver work... :)
The only thing that bothered us was that a lot of our friends didn't turn up. And most of them only decided to RSVP the day of the party and not earlier. So we ended up paying for more people than actually ate and that didn't feel too good. Actually it was the first time P and I threw a party outside our home with a catering service and all. We completely over looked the fact that everyone invited does not turn up. I wouldn't care if a couple of people didn't turn up at a dinner at home.. the left overs can always be used :). And I think people don't normally cancel when its a small thing at home. Whatever the reason, P and I were disappointed with the low turnout.
The party on the whole was a success because T had a great time.. he was happy to be at the centre of it all. He slept only after most of the guests had left.

The in-laws seemed happy too, though I was disappointed in them but that's another story for another time..
Here are some pics of the birthday boy on his big day...


sliding with nani...


yummy creamy cake....








2 comments:

surbhi said...

you looked fabulous - all three of you.
can't believe it's been a year since Baby T arrived - feels longer somehow..

RaisingT said...

thanks.. does feel longer.. as if he'd always been here but then seems too short considering the pace he's growing at...