Sunday, January 20, 2008

A picnic and a new milestone

T and I were really happy today to have P around after a long time. He had been busy with work the last 10 days or so. So we decided to pack lunch (Sunday special rajma-chawal) and visit the Lodhi gardens. The day was bright and sunny and we had a great time soaking in the green surroundings, the sun and the cool breeze. T enjoyed crawling on the grass and eating some of it too.. He noticed the birds and squirrels, he was quite fascinated with the rustling of leaves in the trees above.

And the best part came towards the evening, T called me 'maah'. It was such a beautiful sound and it took me a little while to realize that he was actually calling out to me. It was such an exhilarating feeling. I think I really felt like a mum today after he christened me. 'maah'.. and when angry or irritated a more emphatic 'maaaaaah'..

I'm always filled with wonder when he understands something new like when he points to the sky as soon as he hears a bird or an aeroplane. And lately it seems like he's understanding and expressing much more than he did earlier. But that means he's growing up really fast and I haven't yet got my fill of this stage in his life.

Here's a picture of T reaching into the picnic basket..

No comments: