Thursday, January 10, 2008

An Ode To My Soul Mate

I don't do enough everyday to let you know what you mean to me. I fight and argue and because of my general negativity, I make things worse than they are. But you take all that from me and still love me as tenderly as you do. You are my pillar of strength. I am all that I am because of you and I hope you know that. I say things that hurt but then you are the only one who I speak my mind to. I want to give so much to you.. love, care, happiness.

I know how hard the whole work situation is for you but I want you to know that people have different priorities in life. Our definition of success is not an obscene amount of money, if that was it I know you could have done that by changing your priorities and loosing your principles. We, you and I feel the same way.. for us, family, love and happiness are more important than anything else. It would be nice to live in a bigger house in more opulence but I am very happy where we are and I would happily spend all my life here, just as we are as long as we lead a happy, fulfilling life. As long as we have time for us, for our baby and for doing the little things we enjoy doing together, what more do we want? Life is really not about wearing an Omega, is it? If it was then all the people we know who wear one would be happy, but they aren't. There is no end to all this, someone will always have more than us and someone less. What you and I will flaunt would be a perfect relationship that does not tarnish after years & years of marriage and a child who would grow up to be a good, successful person for all the time, love and care we will put into him.

No comments: