Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Happy Anniversary to us..

We turned 4 as a couple on the 20th of Oct. It has been a rock and roll ride but a fun one.

I took a quick trip to Benetton to pick up a hurriedly chosen gift. I had almost decided to skip a gift this year, I had no time or energy to plan anything thoughtful but then I just couldn't bring myself to break this tradition. I was sure this is how it all starts, first you stop surprising each other with little gifts and then you stop caring for each other..

So anyway.. here I was with my gift in place and pretty sure that P didn't have anything for me thats when the surprise came knocking on the door.. actually ringing the bell on my door.. a lovely bunch of white flowers and a bottle of champagne with a little note saying "We'll always have Paris" ... Casablanca fans would know what I'm talking about and there's a personal story behind this phrase and our trip to Paris a couple of years ago.. that will be told another time...


So I was thrilled but sure that this was it and was happily planning my day at work and maybe a dinner later. Honestly, I hate going to work on a special day like this so I was a little peeved. This was the first time in 4 years that we were in town, every other year we used to go out for a short vacation.. but this year had been really busy. I was about to enter my bath when this strange lady walked into the house with a big basket. This was P's big surprise.. a home spa treatment.. 3 blissful hours of Thai massage and scrubbing :)..

A lovely dinner at a posh hotel followed in the evening with great red wine. I finally got to wear the really low back orange top that had been lying unused for so long..


On a more serious note, I'm glad this year is over. It has been the toughest year in our married life as yet. We went through a lot. We have been furthest from each other this year and oddly enough the closest too. I'm proud of us for surviving this time. And I'm hoping against hope hopen that the worst is over... fingers crossed...

5 comments:

Perakath said...

Congrachulations! Did you enjoy the massage?

RaisingT said...

thankyous... yep it was quite good.. :) how was ur videsh trip??

Perakath said...

I got a Thai massage too :) but I thought it a waste of money!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!

and I have my fingers crossed too!

:)

RaisingT said...

perakath... now what were ur expectations ;)

thanks chandni...