Sunday, November 16, 2008

What does really happen to relationships?

The huge gap in expectations widens by the day. The time and urge to talk and sort it out weakens.
I am not cynical enough (as yet) to profess or admit that there is an expiry date to every relationship. To admit that every marriage eventually fizzles out in 2,3 or 4 years is to admit defeat. There has to be a reason and a solution. I believe that I am in control of my life but everything is so hazy right now. I don't know where to go from here.

I just hope I find some way out before this weight of disappointment crushes my optimism.

5 comments:

the mad momma said...

all marriages go through a dry phase. we wentthrough it just after the brat. then we both realised it and made an effort to bridge the gap. hugs... it will be okay after the next one :p

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll find it. Like I find that relationships are constantly evolving and expectations are either forgotten or revised. Maybe it's time to revise? Definitely talk about it though, because often the other person doesn't even realise that something's amiss.

All the best!
Spicy Chai.

RaisingT said...

mm: the second one won't happen for quite some time .. so i hope things get better earlier .. :)

Spicy chai: you are right.. it surely is time to revise..its just hard to go about it ..

Mala said...

Chin up. Happens/is happening to all of us. Exhaustion and not having time for yourself can be a real bitch. And temporarily turn nice people into monsters.

The trick (or so I believe) is to not question the fundamental things like the love you have for each other. And the belief that love will carry the day.And that not working things out, is NOT an option.

RaisingT said...

Mala.. you know it suddenly makes me feel so much better when you tell me that we are all in the same boat.. and notsomething wrong with me :)