Thursday, November 13, 2008

This is a tough post to write but I just read Chandni's post and felt terrible. It actually made my eyes water. Chandni's Boy and my P are out on a photography trip. P being away a couple of years ago used to make me feel the same way as Chandni does now. Infact I didn't even deal with it so well. I would miss P so much that anything other than a work realated trip would mean a flow blown fight and cost P a lot to make up for it. It's so different now.

He's been gone a day and all we've had since then are 3 conversations on the phone.. not a minute longer than the usual all's well.. no messages.. and oddly enough I haven't felt the need.
I have been happy with the time I finally have to myself.. I painted my nails.. took a longer bath than usual.. sorted my clothes.. caught an old favourite movie on TV. All was well till I read Chandni's blog and realized something was amiss..

Its probably nothing more than the general lack of time for myself.. with work and T and so much to do around the house, there's no room to miss P. Also, since P works from home a lot these days, I never go back home and have the house to myself, he is mostly there.. I think I crave that space. We see too much of each other. That is an odd sentence.. I'm sad for us.. I could have never thought of ending up like this a couple of years ago..and here I am.. not missing P and feeling misearable for it all the same ...

4 comments:

Sukhaloka said...

The weirdest part is that it's me writing this - a teen who has never lived with her significant other. But I think it's very true that you CAN have too much time together. After a year of constantly bunking college and spending time together, I'd really had enough.
He's a part of my life I love to have and would be miserable without, but just a part of my life all the same. And I realized it was time to get a life and a world-view outside this relationship when we began getting into fights, snapping at each other and generally exhibiting classic signs of boredom. Now that we spend more time apart and productively, we're happier when apart as well as when together.
Maybe what's wrong is not the relationship, but something else? Hope you can use this vacation to take a step back, reflect and welcome P back with a new joy :).

Anonymous said...

when you get too much of each other, it is good to be apart, and perfectly fine to enjoy this time and not feel bad about it. this time spent positively will help you when P gets back. so go out and have a blast!

Anonymous said...

I hope I made up for a little bit at least :)

and its GOOD to have time apart! Lets shop ourselves silly!

RaisingT said...

Thanks you all.. Its just that this was a shocking revelation.. so different from the times when all you wanted to do was be around each other.. I think I just need more time to myself..